for End-Users on the Ventura College Academic Server
Click on the link for FileZilla on academic.venturacollege.edu.
- Click Download in the left area of the page.
- The download should begin in 3 seconds. If not click one of the available mirrors found lower on the page. Scroll to find a geographical location that's close. Click the file icon in the right column to begin download.
- Save the file to your hard drive.
Double-click the setup executable to start the installation.
- Use all the default install options. Click Next through all the screens ending with the Install button.
- Click Install to finish the installation.
- Start FileZilla by double-clicking the icon on the desktop or using the Programs menu.
In FileZilla, go to the File menu -> Site Manager.
- Click New Site.
- Select New FTP Site and click the Rename button. Give the new entry a new name.
- Have your Account Settings available as provided via email when your account was setup.
- In the Host field, enter the Server as provided in Account Settings.
- Change Logon Type to Normal.
- In the User field, enter the Username from Account Settings.
- In the Password, enter the Password from Account Settings.
- If you would prefer to enter the password each time for security, select Don't Save Password.
- Click Advanced button.
- In the Default Remote field, enter the remote path information from Account Settings. Click OK.
- Click Save and Exit.
To Connect, go back to Site Manager. Select your new site. Click Connect button. (Optionally, from the main window, click upside-down triangle next to the Site Manager icon. Select the site.)
- The software will connect to the server and into your account. If not, check the site settings again. If the username/password is in error, contact the administrator.
Files on your hard drive shown in the left column. Files on the server are in the right column.
- Files and folders are uploaded by drag-dropping into the right column.
- Items are deleted by selecting them and using the right-click context menu. (optionally, you can use the Delete key).
- Sub-folders are created using the right-click context menu.
Original document: August 30, 2005 (VK)
update: September 7, 2005 (updated the download instructions to use Softpedia, VK)