Fall 2015 classes start
Monday, August 22, 2015
If you are new to Desire2Learn, plan to attend a one-hour orientation on campus. There is also a troubleshooting link on the Distance Education page. Click on it and make sure your computer is compatible with D2L.
Orientation instructions and syllabi are available as soon as D2L is opened one week before the official start of the semester. Log onto https://d2l.vcccd.edu, click My Courses, and enter the D2L class site.
In order to avoid being dropped as a "no show", students must pass the online orientation quiz(es) for each course you are taking from me by 9 p.m. the first Thursday of the semester. If you did not attend an on-campus course the first week of the semester, you would be dropped. The same rule applies to online courses.
Students on the wait list will be moved into the course in place of students who are not attending. Students on the wait list have FULL access to online courses. Read everything and take the orientation quizzes! You will be added if you complete those tasks. Add codes are not distributed to professors until the second week of the semester. I assign them to the first five students on the wait list
ENROLLMENTS ARE LIMITED: REGISTER EARLY!
Purchase your book immediately. Click on the link on the right side of this page for each course. Details regarding books and classes are there.
- Business V30: Introduction to Business CRN 70671 (All online).
- Bus V07A: Business Calculations CRN 70276 (All online).
- Bus V17: Computer Applications CRN 70662 online. You need Office 2013.
- Online courses offer you a great deal of flexibility; however, they also require discipline and regular online attendance. Please do not enroll unless you plan to actively participate in the course. If you are motivated and disciplined, online courses are a perfect match for you.
- Computers are available in the LRC. Classes are 100% online. You must have a reliable Internet source and computer. You should have basic computer skills: Know how to email, upload a file, etc.
- You will have homework and tests due the second week. No late work will be accepted. No exceptions. However, you may submit work early.
- Missed attendance due to late registration is counted toward the total number of absences. Regardless of late enrollment, all work must be completed by the deadlines.
- If you need to contact me, use the gmail address listed in on your specific course link at the right of this page.