Fall 2013 classes start August 19, 2013
Access to online classes begins about Aug 12
If you are new to Desire2Learn, complete the tutorial on the Distance Education web page. There is also a troubleshooting link on the Distance Education page. Click on it and make check your computer is compatible with D2L. Distance Education is providing orientations during the first two weeks of the semester. It is HIGHLY recommended that you attend.
Orientation instructions and syllabi are available as soon as D2L is opened one week before the official start of the semester. Log onto http://myvcccd.edu, click My Courses, and enter the D2L class site. Students must pass the online orientation (for each course you are taking from me) by 9 p.m. Thurs., August 22, in order to remain in the course. The reason is so that students on the wait list may be moved into the course in place of students who are not attending.
ENROLLMENTS ARE LIMITED: REGISTER EARLY!
Purchase your book immediately.
You will need your book the first week of class. You will have homework and tests due the second week. You may order your books from the VC bookstore.
- You will have homework and tests due the second week. No late work will be accepted. No exceptions. However, you may submit work early. Missed attendance due to late registration is counted toward the total number of absences. Regardless of late enrollment, all work must be completed by the deadlines. You need to be disciplined and have good time management skills in order to be successful in an online course.
- Computers are available in the LRC.
- Classes are 100% online. You must have a reliable Internet source and computer.
- If you need to contact me, use the gmail address listed in on your specific course link at the right of this page.
- Add codes are not distributed to professors until the second week of the semester. They are given to the first five students on the wait list.