Fall 2016 classes start Wednesday, August 17, 2016
You should attend a Canvas one-hour orientation on campus or online. This is a new system being used by the college. It is considerably different from D2L. Be sure and go through the troubleshooting link on the Distance Ed page. Read the FAQs section.
You have access to my class pages beginning Monday, August 15. Log onto https://vcccd.instructure.com, click My Courses, and enter the Canvas class sites.
In order to avoid being dropped as a "no show", students must pass the online orientation quiz(es) for each course you are taking from me by 9 p.m. Sunday August 21st. If you did not attend an on-campus course the first week of the semester, you would be dropped. The same rule applies to online courses.
Students on the wait list will be moved into the course in place of students who are not attending. Students on the wait list have FULL access to online courses. Read everything and take the orientation quizzes! You will be added if you complete those tasks. Add codes are not distributed to professors until the second week of the semester. I assign them to the first five students on the wait list.
ENROLLMENTS ARE LIMITED: REGISTER EARLY!
Purchase your book immediately. Click on the link on the right side of this page for each course. Details regarding books and classes are there. You may also check with the VC bookstore.
- Business V30: Introduction to Business CRN 70072 (All online).
- Business V30: Introduction to Business CRN 70671 (All online).
- Bus V17: Computer Applications CRN 70662 (All online). You need Office 2013.
- Online courses offer you a great deal of flexibility; however, they also require good time management skills.
- You must actively participate in the course which means logging in AT LEAST TWICE A WEEK. This is a State accreditation requirement.
- If you are motivated and disciplined, online courses are a perfect match for you.
- Computers are available in the LRC. You must have a reliable Internet source and computer. You should have basic computer skills: Know how to email, upload a file, etc.
- You will have homework and tests due the second week. No late work will be accepted. No exceptions. However, you may submit work early.
- Missed attendance due to late registration is counted toward the total number of absences. Regardless of late enrollment, all work must be completed by the deadlines.
- If you need to contact me, use the gmail address listed in on your specific course link at the right of this page or the VC email.